Well, the next time I update this site I will be in Ghana! The time is finally here! I'm about to head out on my journey and to my own amazement I think I am packed and ready with a little time to spare! The whole trip will take about 24 hours due to a lay over in Chicago and London. Upon my arrival in the Accra, Ghana's capitol around 9pm (their time, 6 hours ahead of CST), I'll meet the group's volunteer coordiantors. We'll stay in the capitol that night and then the next morning drive 2+ hours to the Volta Region. Everyone keeps asking if I'm nervous, which I'm not too much yet, but I'm sure the lengthy trip will give me plenty of time to get that way!
Thanks to everyone for their support to this point, I am extremely grateful to all of you! By the way due to all the great donations, I've have an extra suitcase filled solely with school supplies and other donations, so thank you to all who contributed in one way or another!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment