Monday, February 26, 2007

The mountain hike

I survived the mountain hike (in case you were worried)! Here are some pictures from the trip. The whole trip took over four hours! I wasn't able to get to the town as early as I hoped, so it was very hot and I saw no monkeys...sad. But it was amazing regardless. I went with a guide and he was hard to keep up with given he does this hike on a daily basis. There were about five areas where ropes were needed in order to climb up the steep rocks (see the pic below). It was one of the most physically challenging things I have done in a long time and halfway up I thought I wouldn't make it to the top. But I kept going and it was beautiful and a cool experience!





This is the view from town
(this is when I began to think I was crazy)!










View from the start of the trail. We went to
the very top peak.









This is one of the rope climbing areas,
this was about 2 1/2 hours into the trip and
I was at the bottom questioning my ability to
make it up this one, but I did!










Here I am at the top, very tired
and sweaty! The village below
is from where I took the first pic.










The trail on the way up was filled with lots of banana trees!

No comments: