Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fundraising Update

I've been updating the section to the left as donations are received and added an area to thank those individuals that have been able to help so far. I just learned from Josephine that the fundraising event at their company's Holiday party resulted in $1800 donated! Wow!!! So cool. So far with our combined efforts, we have raised $2,050.00 It is an amazing start!

Josephine will be going to Ghana in March to visit the three potential boarding schools for the children and work out more details on enrolling the children when the time comes. This is at least her 4th or 5th trip to Ghana, I'm definitely jealous, but will be anxious to hear her updates.

FYI- My mom and I thought up another small fundraising idea that she will do at work soon. She is going to put her gooey butter cake notoriety to wonderful use by selling slices of cake in the break room and then taking orders for full cakes, with the proceeds going to the Hopkins Foundation for the kids' school! I can take orders! =)

No comments: