Sunday, April 26, 2009

Josephine Returns to Ghana

Josephine (from the Hopkins Foundation) returned to Ghana last Sunday for a two-week visit. She has been visiting with the children that have remained with Bernice and her mother, working on the boarding school logistics, and she will also be traveling to the various villages where the other SWODC are currently living. She is there to prepare for sending the children to the boarding schools and to check in on the children that were returned to their guardians.

She sent me this beautiful email this morning to let me know about her time in Ghana thus far. Instead of recapping what she said, I thought I would just post most of the actual message here because it is so touching. It brought a huge smile to my face and maybe even some tears to my eyes (I know, I know, I am such a sap)! As I told Josephine in my email response, just hearing that she is there with the children brings such a peace and happiness to my heart. I know they are safe and are being loved right now!

Quick note on the email-'Woezo' is Welcome in Ewe and Richard is the guy that gave my mom the full African dress! =)

**************

From Josephine Hopkins (4/26/09):

Woezo sister Alicia,

I am so grateful that I am here and able to hang out with the children. They are looking great but are in need of a few things so I will be filling those needs. I have told them all that you send hugs and kisses and I wish you could have seen their smiles. They sure love and miss both you and Mama Carol.

By the way, I am at the internet cafe next to the old SWODC office and Richard told me to tell Mama Carol hello and he misses her. He is an incredible young man!!!

I have been able to spend time with Patricia, Patience, Peace, Noble (who are still living with Bernice) and Elolo, Sika and Celese (who are living with Bernice's mother). In fact I am just on my way back from visiting today. I will be headed back tomorrow with new sandals for all. I will find out how to get to Bernice's mother's home tomorrow which is in Ho so I can spend some more time with Elolo, Sika and Celese.

I have actually run into some of the other children that are still around Sokode and Ho, Gloria, Matilda and Evelyn. I am so thankful for this.We went to market on Thursday with all the children (I don't know what I was thinking) and it was CRAZY!!! We decided to just go to Freedom Hotel and have a cold drink...much calmer.

I will try to figure out what needs to be done from this point and keep you posted.There is much love for you and Mama Carol here and I will close on that note.I'll be back in touch soon.

Much love,
Mama Josephine
********************

Prior to checking my email today, I was just sitting here thinking about my blessings this week (it is amazing how many blessing we actually receive on a weekly basis, but most of us...myself included....don't normally realize this because we don't take time to stop and think about it). I was already impressed by the blessings I did receive, then I got this email and it is truly a great blessing. THANK YOU!

No comments: