Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Glimpse of Ghana

A glimpse of my area in Ghana:





Ho is a busy area, this picture is near the market and usually the busiest area of town....there are even billboards!










You can buy fabric or already made shirts here!









Beauty and trash.











These are the open drainage ditches. Luckily I did not fall in this one! =)





Shoes for sale!






A seamstress near Sister Bernice's house that sewed me a dress. After this photo she made me sit down and pretend I was the seamstress and she took my picture!






This is one of the most common areas to get food; I've shown pics of others that have walls and look nicer and then occassionally you can find a sitdown and order place.










Shirts for sale.









Convenience Store.








I enjoyed lots of pineapple this trip. They cut it for you right there so you can enjoy immediately! Mmmmm.













Cooking at Sister Bernices. Instead of putting food on the stove, we put it on 'the fire' which is really the charcoal pit.



Who needs a food processor? Peace is smashing tomatoes, onion, and red pepper into a liquid form.











Almost the whole crew.









The kids making suncatchers (thank you Amy)!







How many kids can we fit into a tro tro? This is on the way to Mt. Gemi.






Noble is the competitive one, so it is no surprise that this game turned intense!


No comments: