Wednesday, June 22, 2016

More Peace and More Happy Day!

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 
Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and 
minds as you live in Christ Jesus
Philippians 4:6-7

A sweet friend texted me this encouragement yesterday. I was needing some peace of my own this morning so after taking Elolo to school I took my time walking through town and told God about what I think I need.....a visa interview. I thanked him for some things and then I asked for what I really need....peace.

I got to my destination, the bank, but it was still 30 minutes before it opened so I sat on the front steps and waited. And suddenly I got this show!

The Police Wives Association was out marching for PEACE! A peaceful election in November specifically. They stretched out up and down the road and had police sirens and a marching band.
It was a treat to watch and hear the band and read their signs.

Then I came home and enjoyed a late breakfast cooked by these three (Sammy, Richard and Frank). They even cleaned up everything afterward. This is nothing short of a miracle! =) I was feeling pretty good, enjoying life and peaceful by this point.


And then this beauty came.....new mail! From the embassy! Praise the Lord, praise the Lord. The visa application issue is truly resolved, I completed it and we have Elolo's 'Take Two' visa interview on Monday, June 27 (my parents' wedding anniversary!!!)


As if the above wasn't cause enough for celebration, today was also my mom's birthday (which we celebrated with her from afar) and we celebrated Richard's birthday. His really isn't until Friday but since the boys headed back to school today we celebrated a little early. He'll be 17!

No comments: