'But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.' Acts 1:8
I had the amazing privilege and honor to worship God with my Vineyard church brothers and sisters here in Ghana this past Sunday (Vineyard is the church I'm part of at home and Vineyard church plants are all over the world)! While a typical church service in Ghana differs greatly from what I'm used to, I'm always in awe of God's creativity and vastness when I join in worship with Africans. While I usually struggle to understand the words being sung (even when they're in English =)), worshiping in the Spirit easily transcends the need for mere words. The worship is beautiful and passionate; and it is just a small glimpse of what we will see in heaven where 'a great multitude..from every nation, tribe, people and language...will be standing before the throne and before the Lamb' coming together in worship. Get your dancing shoes on!
I'm so thankful to have been able to cross nation, people and language but still find my Vineyard tribe here so far away.
In addition to attending the Accra Vineyard this past weekend, Elolo and I had such a great trip to the capitol...it was just the two of us and so special. He was on his best behavior and a great travel companion! He LOVED the hotel (especially the tv!!) and I greatly appreciated the a/c, hot water and ...I also really enjoyed the chance to watch an American movie! FYI...we have none of these things at our house. Elolo also got to visit the mall and a Western-ish grocery store for the first time. He was in heaven and wanted to go back the very next day! We also got to hang out with my friend and fellow adoptive mom from St. Louis, Georgia, her friend and her two boys (3 and 4); they're in town for the week. She is in the EXACT same spot of the adoption as me; her deadline is also this Thursday. It is such a blessing to have her in this as we discuss strategy and joining together for power in numbers. We both have meetings with the embassy this week and have our elected officials calling on our behalf. Even Pastor Thomas offered to make some calls for both of us!
The Accra Vineyard or officially...Arts Centre Community Church (Vine Yard). It is a fairly small church; maybe 30ish people or so, but they have a couple of sites in the northern part of the country and in another area of Accra.
Pastors Thomas and Francis. They called me up to introduce myself , Georgia and Kacey and to say a few words, so I greeted them on behalf of the Vineyard Community Church in St. Louis!
A short video of the opening worship.
The church is on the beach so they have this view of the ocean!
Pastor Thomas and his family, Pastor Francis, Georgia, her boys, Kacey, Elolo and me.
With two small ones, Georgia and Kacey were constantly carrying and chasing these boys. I was able to give them some 'African advice:' buy some cloth and carry those boys on your backs. The boys loved it! This is how most babies and toddlers are carried as their mamas go through out town, work, sell things at the market, farm, wash, etc, so it is a comfort to them to be wrapped so snug and firm. Plus these two yevus (white people) look adorable wearing these kiddos African style on their backs! They had a car stop them on the street and ask if they could take their picture!!! Haha!
It only took about six takes to get him to smile nicely for this selfie!
I was able to sneak this one of Elolo playing his new African drum outside our hotel. A drum maker was located next door to the church so we had to take a look and make a purchase.
No comments:
Post a Comment